WKU Game Notes | FIU Game Notes
BOWLING GREEN, Ky. — WKU Hilltopper Basketball returns to league play with a home series against FIU, starting at 2 p.m. CT Sunday in E.A. Diddle Arena. The finale is set for 12 p.m. Monday. Both games will stream on ESPN+ and air locally in Bowling Green on WKU PBS.
The Hilltoppers had their six-game win streak snapped Thursday with an 81-57 non-conference road loss to No. 12/10 Houston. FIU lost at home to Southern Miss 85-72 last weekend.
WKU is 35-9 all-time against FIU, including 16-4 at home. Hilltopper head coach Rick Stansbury is 3-2 in his career against the Panthers.
GAMES 21 AND 22
FIU (9-15, 2-13 C-USA) at WKU (15-5, 8-2 C-USA)
February 28, 2021 | 2 p.m. CT
March 1, 2021 | 12 p.m. CT
E.A. Diddle Arena | Bowling Green, Ky.
Listen: Hilltopper Sports Network (WKLX 100.7 FM flagship), C-USA.tv Audio (free), TuneIn Radio (Randy Lee, pxp | Hal Schmitt, analysis)
Watch: Sunday: ESPN+; WKU PBS (Randy Lee, pxp | Hal Schmitt, analysis)
Monday: ESPN+; WKU PBS (Randy Lee, pxp | Hal Schmitt, analysis)
Live Stats: WKU Stats
• Coming into Sunday’s game, WKU has played just three games (Rice twice, Houston) in 33 days.
• WKU has five top-90 NET wins so far this year over Alabama (9), Memphis (61), Marshall twice (70) and Rhode Island (98). Four of its losses were vs. top-90 programs: at Houston (4), vs. West Virginia (13) on a neutral court, at Louisville (48) and at home against Louisiana Tech (89).
• WKU’s non-conference strength of schedule is ranked 46th by the NET.
• Charles Bassey has been named to the Wooden Award Late Season Top 20 Watch List for National Player of the Year. He’s also on the Naismith Trophy and Lute Olson National POY watch lists, a Naismith Defensive Player of the Year semifinalist and a Kareem Abdul-Jabbar Center of the Year top-five finalist.
• As of Friday, Charles Bassey ranked second in the nation in dunks (51), third in blocked shots per game (3.2), fourth in double-doubles (12) and sixth in rebounds per game (11.5).
• Taveion Hollingsworth is averaging 16.7 points per game and shooting 50% from the field over the last three games after averaging 9.5 points and shooting 36.4% from the floor in the four games prior.
• In seven games in a reserve role, Kenny Cooper is shooting 56.3% from the field and 50% from 3-point range, with 10 total assists against just four turnovers.
THE HILL AT HOME
The Hilltoppers’ games will be featured on The Hill at Home presented by Kentucky Fish and Wildlife, a live video feed of Hal Schmitt and Voice of the Hilltoppers Randy Lee on the radio call. This broadcast of The Hill at Home can be found here (wkusports.com/MBBSecondScreen) and will be live 30 minutes prior to tipoff.
For more information on The Hill at Home, visit the following link: https://goto.ps/3kU1OrX
LAST GAME AGAINST FIU: MARCH 7, 2020
WKU had six players in double figures, rounding out the regular season with a 91-85 road win at FIU.
Junior guard Taveion Hollingsworth led the Hilltoppers with 21 points and four assists, while redshirt junior forward Carson Williams turned in a double-double with 18 points and 11 rebounds.
Graduate senior guard Camron Justice tallied 15 points, freshman guard Jordan Rawls added 14, and redshirt senior guard/forward Jared Savage had 11. Junior guard Josh Anderson finished with 10 points and eight boards.
Your 2020-2021 Hilltopper Men’s Basketball Season is presented by Planet Fitness – Bowling Green’s original Judgement Free Zone.
Source link Planet Fitness