Applications due 11/30/19
Location: 555 E 90th St, New York, NY, USA
Asphalt Green Masters is one of the fastest growing adult swim teams in the country with more than 250 registered members with a wide range of ages and swim abilities. The AGUA Masters Head Coach is responsible for leading the overall growth and development of the AGUA Masters team as well as supporting Asphalt Green’s non-profit efforts. AGUA Masters offers 25+ weekly practices in 2 locations, and a robust staff of 20 part-time coaches. The Head Coach is responsible for developing, implementing, and preserving a progressive training program that supports athletes of all skill levels. Moreover, the Head Coach focuses on increasing swimmer engagement and enhancing the team’s overall sense of community. As the Masters champion for fundraising, the Head Coach works closely with the Development Team to insure that AGUA Masters team members appreciate and support Asphalt Green’s non-profit mission of assisting individuals of all ages and backgrounds achieve health through a lifetime of sports and fitness. The Head Coach requires outstanding interpersonal skills in order to foster positive relationships with every Masters swimmer, and the ability to support personal development of these swimmers as appropriate.
Within the larger Asphalt Green community, the Head Coach will work in partnership with the Aquatics, Membership and Development Departments, along with senior managers, and other AG stakeholders. This position reports into the Director of Aquatics and oversees the AGUA Masters Team at both the Upper East Side campus as well as the Battery Park City campus. New campuses are planned in the next few years that would also include AGUA Masters Teams.
- Oversee year-round training program of roughly 250 Asphalt Green Masters
- Plan and schedule coaches each month for practices. Make sure all workouts are covered.
- Manage 20 part-time coaches who coach both workouts and private lessons.
- Must be highly visible, leading select practices (which include morning’s and Saturday’s), and engaging with all athletes. Should personally be coaching 16-20 hours per week.
- Organize and promote social activities for the team
- Plan and develop financial budgets for team and private lessons for two campuses.
- Work with marketing to promote increased membership and private coaching.
- Work closely with Development Department to identify potential donors and establish key relationships with members. Set collaborative donations goal from Masters members with Executive Director and Development Director.
- Current U.S. Masters swimmer or coach
- 3-5 years coaching experience
- Up-to-date coaching certifications
- Have a demonstrated successful coaching track record and previous management experience
- Experience with Microsoft applications
How to Apply
Please send a cover letter and resume to [email protected]
555 East 90th St.
Source link Lifetime Fitness